WHY SHOULD YOU LIVE IN A WOODEN HOME?
Let’s be honest – 90% of people after reading the above title have moved with great distrust to the rest of the text. Why? Because in the minds of Poles there is a belief that a permanent home is a brick house. Perhaps because of the fairy tale about three pigs, which each of us knows from childhood, where among the three houses – made from straw, wood and brick, only the latter resisted the destructive power of the evil wolf. However, it seems to us that the resistance to building a house in skeletal technology is mainly due to ignorance, random or untrue information available on the Internet and the opinions of omniscient forum users who know the answer to every question. In addition, wooden frame houses are associated in Poland with houses for flood victims, which were erected after the flood in 1997 as a quick and cheap alternative way for long-built brick buildings. Unfortunately, the quality of their performance and the materials used left much to be desired.
In highly developed countries with a more severe climate like Norway, Sweden, Germany, wooden frame house is of great popularity and occupies an important place among all newly built facilities. Why? Mainly due to the much greater awareness of people who can say from experience how pleasant it is to live in a home with a favorable climate, among natural and ecological materials.
Below is a list of the main advantages of a house built in the wooden frame technology:
– healthy by nature – wood is a natural, renewable raw material with very good structural and thermal properties. It provides energy saving and a unique microclimate. Building from wood is environmentally friendly, and some believe that a house built in this technology has a good effect on the magnetic field of a man, making his statistical ingabitant lives much longer.
– fast to realization – the construction of a wooden house, after the foundation slab, takes only 3 months. Due to the lack of wet works, this technology also allows construction in winter. No time limit significantly reduces construction time. If we additionally use prefabrication of selected structural elements, the production time can be further reduced.
– warm and economical – thanks to modern and professional solutions, such a house is warm, healthy and cheaper in comparison with other technologies. The low weight of the structure limits the size of the foundation, which means the cost of construction is lower. Due to the insulation layer in the structure, the walls do not accumulate heat from the outside or from the inside of the building, so in winter we only heat the air inside the building (not the walls), and in summer we keep the cool air in the house. Depending on the standard of construction (energy-efficient, low-energy, passive houses), the annual heat demand of the building is up to 60 kWh / (m2 * year).
– easy to rebuild and modernize – this technology allows you to choose any shape of the house and to adapt the interior space to your individual needs. We can easily rebuild, expand or modernize existing buildings. The insulation of external walls hidden in the structure increases the usable area of the building by approx. 10% compared to the same building area made in heavy technology.
– durable – modern wood acquisition and processing techniques ensure high durability of wooden structures and their resistance to pests, weather conditions and fire (C24 certified wood, sorted, subjected to high temperature in a chamber dryer, where all insects and fungi are destroyed, then planed four-sided and bevelled for better fire resistance).
This technology is extremely popular in the Scandinavian countries, Germany and the Czech Republic. Let’s not forget that in Poland we can find centuries-old wooden houses that have resisted the passing of time and adverse weather conditions, and our country has a very long and rich tradition of building in wood.
Every year, more and more people decide to build a house in wooden frame technology, noticing the advantages of this type of construction. And what if you could use the potential of a wooden house (wooden ceiling beams in the living room of many visitors are breathtaking), with a decorative wall made of demolition brick or raw concrete? After all, nobody said that you need to decide on only one and the right solution …